I’m excited to announce that Betzcee over at Betzcee Rambles has nominated me for the Leibster Award! Muchas gracias Betzcee!! 😀
According to her post, the award is meant to encourage newer bloggers and boost their readership. I think it’s a wonderful way to highlight a blog and recognize a blogger for his/her efforts.
I’ve decided to follow the rules; though I am a bit late in doing this post (I’m ill. Coughing and sneezing and runny eyes and a headache prevent me from writing much or staring at a screen for long). But I feel okay to do a post so let’s get started.
First, the rules:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 random questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Go to your nominees’ blogs and tell them about your nomination, with a link to your post.
It seems like a lot so I’m copying Betzcee here by stating that it’s not mandatory that nominees participate but it would be great if you do. The award is just a fun exercise for both highlighting a blogger’s work and getting to know the blogger a little better.
11 random facts about Zezee, hmm…
- I hate being really sick. I don’t mind being fake sick because that’s fun sometimes but I really hate being really sick. I guess that’s the universe’s way of getting back at me for being fake sick.
- Though I abhor the cold, autumn is one of my favorite seasons. I love the robust colors of the trees as the leaves age. I think it gives the foliage a majestic look. Sometimes I daydream of taking all the fallen leaves and making a patchwork cloak from them; draping it on my shoulders, I would look like a queen.
- I also love spring. The soft pink of the cherry blossom leaves on the ground makes me imagine them as a pillow ready for my sleepy head.
- Summer is my favorite season. Extra warm, less clothes, vibrant colors, sun!
- I really did hope to get an acceptance letter to Hogswart. 😦 Oh well, I guess I will discover latent super/magical powers on my birthday next year.
- I hate poetry. Well, not really hate. I love some but most I dislike mainly because of high school AP classes where I was forced to decipher the meaning of poets’ rambles and, of course, I could never get it right. I thought they were all speaking in riddles. I think I’m starting to like them a bit more these days. So far, I enjoy a few by Maya Angelou, Robert Frost, Amiri Baraka, Rudyard Kipling, and a few others (a short few).
- I love art. I really do. I wish I had majored or minored in art while in college but I didn’t so now I’ve resorted to teaching myself what I’ve missed and taking classes when I can.
- With that said, some of my favorite artists include: M.C. Escher (the favoritest of the bunch); Salvador Dali (he of the crazy whiskers); Thomas Kinkade (because his work makes me feel cozy); Frank Morrison (for the moments he captures and the culture he encapsulates in his work); Alexis Rockman (his realistic paintings are convincing). These are all I can think of off the top of my head, not that I have many favorites. My knowledge is limited.
- I love tea. I hated it before moving to the U.S. but once here, I grew to love it. It’s one of those loves/appreciations that come about when you no longer have something in abundance or when you’re no longer required to do a particular thing.
- …and by #8 I’m running out of random facts so I started to daydream instead. In case this isn’t already apparent—I daydream a lot!
- If this were the Avatar world (talking about Avatar: the Last Airbender here), I would be from the water tribe. I mention this because I always fantasize about living in the Avatar world and being able to manipulate the properties of liquids.
- I prefer to spell the word gray with an “e” rather than an “a” because the “e” looks cooler though when I say the word I can hear the “a” dragging in it.
- Right now I’m wondering what Alexander the Great would have done if he hadn’t died at 32/33-years-old. He had conquered much of Asia by then and seemed to have grown a massive ego to match his empire. (I’m reading TIME magazine’s special issue on great empires hence the thought.)
And here are the nominees. I’m not sure if they all have fewer than 200 subscribers but I nominate them because I either recently subscribed to or visited their blogs and admired their work:
- Rhoda in Manila
- Sunsets Around the World
- DIY Daisies
- Ohemaa Music
- It’s Me Godece
- Tranquil Dreams
- Derelict Muse
- Disturbing the Universe
- Doodle Addicted
- The S’Sense of Me
- Ryan’s Writing
Answers to Betzcee’s questions:
- Which do you find more tiresome – shoveling snow or dealing with mosquitoes and other warm weather pests?
- Shoveling snow. As much as I hate bugs, I don’t mind chasing after them. I make a game out of it where I’m a ninja assassin and they’re the bad guys plotting to take me down.
- Bottled water or tap water, and why?
- Bottled water. It tastes better.
- Assuming you are omnivorous, could you live a year as a vegan?
- I hate vegetables. Have to force myself to eat them. I think they taste weird.
- What is your favourite vegetarian meal?
- I don’t have one but if I had to pick I guess it would have to be a Jamaican dish of boiled dumplings and green bananas with callaloo and saltfish. Thinking about this is making my mouth water. I might sub the boiled dumplings and green bananas for some fried dumplings or festivals. I love those.
- Baseball, football, basketball, hockey or Dancing with the Stars?
- Hmm…I’m not a big fan of any but I guess I’ll have to go with Dancing with the Stars since I loved MTV’s America’s Best Dance Crew.
- Do you have a hobby or pastime (besides blogging)? What is it?
- Reading mainly and drawing (well, these days it’s thinking about drawing while watching others draw on YouTube) and walking.
- If you could make a living blogging, would you leave your current employment?
- Of course! I probably wouldn’t think twice.
- If you could afford any lifestyle you choose, what would it be?
- I would earn my living as a writer/artist and spend my time travelling the world with whichever friend or family member that can come along. When I’m tired of travelling I would retreat to my beach house.
- OR I would be as I am now sans the stupid student loans but with a job in either the editorial or production department at a children’s book publisher.
- Television: which do you prefer – sitcoms or crime dramas? Other?
- A little bit of everything except sitcoms (unless it’s The Big Bang Theory).
- What is one healthy habit you wish you could develop?
- I love to walk so I thought it would be easy to start running but no.
- Children? Or pets?
- Children. I don’t think I’m great with animals.
And now, 11 questions for the nominees:
- If you were to paint a room and the only colors you had to choose from were black, white, and gray which would you choose? You would have to use this room regularly.
- If you enjoy reading, what is your favorite genre and book? If you love art, what is your favorite style and artist? If you love listening to music, what is your favorite genre and singer/band?
- Do you enjoy watching cartoons as much as you did as a kid?
- When you feel lost, how do you find yourself?
- If you could be anywhere in the universe right now where would you be and what would you be doing?
- If you were given $10 to buy a present for yourself what would it be?
- It’s a wonderful day and you would like to get a favorite treat—ice cream, cupcake, etc.—which would you take: short cut or scenic route?
- What’s your favorite season and why?
- Your most prized possession is at the top of a skyscraper that has 200+ floors. The elevators aren’t working. How would get your possession? Anything is possible.
- It’s a rainy day. You’re not in a hurry but—watch out! There’s a puddle. What would do: walk around, jump over, or splash right in?
- So…if Alexander the Great hadn’t died so young what do you think he would have done: kept on conquering or become crazily egocentric or something else?
Congrats nominees! I hope you have fun with this.