I’ve decided to continue with this meme on my own since the Goodreads group wasn’t updated for June. I tried to find a meme with the same title but that was unsuccessful, and I considered switching to one of the many Friday Reads memes but I like the photo I’ve created above and I don’t feel like changing. Plus I’m lazy. Anyways, the post:
The question for this weekend:
I’ll develop these questions on my own with inspiration from elsewhere. If you have any suggestions, please drop them below. And please feel free to join in.
What is your major bookish quirk?
I gave myself a hard question. 😦 If only my brain had forewarned me. After much deliberation, I’ll have to go with the list of rules I rattle off to anyone who dares consider borrowing one of my tomes, usually my brother but he knows them and his room is across from mine so I trust him with my treasures. The rules:
- Do not bend the pages. Carefully turn them by picking up the edge with the tips of your fingers.
- Do not in any way soil, mark, or scratch the cover or pages.
- Do not tear the pages or cover.
- Do not write on or highlight the pages or cover.
- Please return in a timely manner, say, within 2 weeks.
- Do not lend to anyone.
- Please return it.
- If you do not live within my vicinity (meaning in my house), I cannot lend you a book.
- No, I will not give you the dust-jacket as well.
- Please return in the condition you received it.
My rules are repetitious but I think the repetition is necessary. Actually, I prefer to buy a copy for the person than to hand over mine — that’s another quirk, I guess — but it sets me at ease that my books won’t be lost or destroyed. The rules also tend to change according to how I feel so if I should have to answer this question a few months from now, the answers might not be the same. Well, there you have it.
What I’m reading this weekend?
I began reading Lloyd Alexander’s Taran Wanderer this week so I hope to complete it today or tomorrow. It’s thicker than the preceding books in the series but still a quick read, if you have the time to read. I’m enjoying it so far. While reading Taran Wanderer, my eyes kept flitting to Talon. I can’t wait to have the book in my hands and start reading. I wish I could read faster.
Bonus: I knew nothing about this book until I saw it listed in a book list on Refinery 29.com called Best Young Adult Books Every Actual Adult Should Read. It’s about a girl who accidentally sleeps with her teacher the summer before her senior year of high school. She wasn’t aware that he’s her teacher. I like the premise so I downloaded a sample and fell in love with the character’s voice. I’ll get this on my e-reader and will continue with it this weekend.
So, what are you reading this weekend? Let me know below.
Also, if you have any suggestions for this Weekend Reads meme, let me know and I’ll compile and post them for the upcoming weeks.
Happy reading! 😀
What others are reading
- Weekend Reads #51 (mrsmamfa.wordpress.com)
- #FridayReads 5/29/2015 (reisareads.wordpress.com)
- Friday Reads (#7 — 05/06/2015) (nercupofcoffeeandbook.wordpress.com)