“Exploring My Bookshelves” is a weekly meme created by Victoria at Addlepates and Book Nerds. Since Victoria was on summer vacation, Shannon at For the Love of Words created her own topics, which I followed along with. Now they will both host the meme in alternating months. Visit either blog for the list of topics.
This week’s topic:
A school you want to got to (since Hogwarts has started back)
Of all the books I’ve ever read, I can’t think of another school I’d like to attend other than Hogwarts. No other has appealed to me like Hogwarts has. Why?
- It’s a magical castle. I like magic and I like castles so I’m sold.
- You can get away with almost anything if Snape’s not around.
- Something crazy will always happen to disrupt your class. Never a dull moment.
- You’ll have some odd teachers: a ghost, a werewolf, who knows if the series kept going and Dumbledore was still alive maybe there’d even be a vampire.
- Quidditch. I’m not a sports fan but I’d totally be into quidditch.
And for those reasons and more it’s got to be Hogwarts. I’d be a Ravenclaw, though I could also be a Hufflepuff as well. When I read the topic for this week, Tar Valon from Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time series immediately popped into my head but I would never want to go there. I think the Aes Sedai are unnecessarily abusive. Instead of bonding together as sisters, they push each other apart.
How this meme works:
- Take a “shelfie” (a picture of your bookshelf). Preferably literal, but e-shelves work too.
- Write something on the day’s prompt.
- Give the blurb and the cover of the book (and what you thought of it if you’ve read it).
- Link back to Victoria’s post.