A big thank you to all the bloggers who nominated me for these awards. I really appreciate it! 😀
I was nominated for a couple awards last year but I was unable to do a post for them all before the year ended, so I’ve decided to combine them all in one post. I’ll also alter the rules for the awards a little and nominate six bloggers total, two for each award.
Encouraging Thunder Award
Shout out to Hannah and Lindsay at Untamed Shrews for nominating me for this award! Thank you, ladies. 🙂
- Thank your nominator.
- Tell the world why you blog.
- Nominate 5 more people.
Why do I blog?
The reason why I blog has changed since I started blogging. Now I blog because I think it’s a great creative outlet. I blog to share and record my opinions on what I read and I blog to connect with other readers and creators and to learn something new.
The Versatile Blogger Award
For this one, I was nominated by Ronyell at Rabbit Ears Blog. Thank you Ronyell! 🙂
- Show the award on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 blogs.
- Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination.
- I always find these things hard to do and I always start them with a statement like this and use the remaining 6 to say what’s on my mind.
- Like whether or not I should go outside tomorrow (I’m typing this on Monday, January 18).
- This is a big concern for me because it will be cold at 26 or so degrees and the winds will be high at about 15 mph so if I’m outside for more than 5 minutes, I’ll feel like a popsicle.
- I hate it when the wind hurts my face. Why do I live in such a harsh place?
- I spend the majority of the past few cold days fantasizing about summer and tank tops and shorts and ice cream and sun and warmth and sandals and even bees.
- The moon is so bright tonight.
- I need to buy a calendar. Does that mean I’m unprepared for the year?
Siblinghood of the World Bloggers Award
Thank you Ariana, The Quirky Book Nerd, for nominating me for this! 😀
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the 10 questions sent to you.
- Make up 10 new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 10 blogs.
What are some new releases you are most looking forward to in 2016?
Truthwitch by Susan Dennard. Of all the new books, I’m looking forward to this the most.
What is your favorite under-hyped book?
The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey. Such a great read. It’s YA but I highly recommend it to adults as well.
What is one thing (activity, song, movie, etc…) that always makes you happy no matter what?
Watching Avatar: The Last Airbender episodes always cheer me up.
Do you prefer series or standalone novels?
I prefer series. I like it when a story I love continues.
Do you play video games? If so, what are your favorite games to play?
Video games? No. They frustrate me. As soon as I move from the training level or the lowest level, I’m killed. I prefer to play Sims. I love Sims Freeplay.
What is your favorite song of all time?
That is a hard question. I have favorites of the moment. At the moment, it’s this because whenever I hear it I start to wine. Woooiieee!! 😀 Live mi life! 😀
If you could have any fictional animal as a pet, what would you choose?
A wasp artist. It’s one of the best fictional animals I’ve ever read about. Here’s a passage from Nnedi Okorafor’s Akata Witch that details its characteristics:
“It’s a wasp artist,” Orlu said. “They live for their art. If you want it to live for a long time, make sure you let it out like you’ve been doing, and show it that you appreciate its work.”
“I’d smash the thing,” Sasha said. “My sister had one when she was small, and when she forgot to give it praise once, it got pissed and stung her. Its sting paralyzes you for ten minutes so you can do nothing but watch it build its ‘final masterpiece’ and then keep watching as it dramatically dies. The damn things are psychotic.”
Lol! Reading that cracked me up.
What 2016 movies are you most looking forward to seeing?
At the moment, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Ask me tomorrow and it will be a different answer.
What book or series would you recommend to someone who says they don’t like to read, and why would you choose that book or series?
I really don’t know. I guess I’d ask what sort of movies they like and then go from there. Maybe I’d recommend a graphic novel first because the pictures make reading a bit more fun.
What is your absolute favorite quote?
I don’t think I have an absolute favorite of anything but I really like this one by Nietzsche:
“He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee.”
- That question about favorite songs made me happy. What song do you love dancing to?
- Speaking of dancing, what’s your favorite holiday?
- Holidays often means food so what’s your favorite holiday dish?
- Dish rhymes with fish but this question is unrelated to that. Do you like to wear hats?
- Unfortunately it’s snowing outside. Do you like that crunchy noise snow makes when you walk on it?
- 99 is such an odd number. What’s the oddest thing to have recently come to your attention?
- Oh! What TV shows are you into these days?
- You ever wondered why the world looks softer while it snows?
- Is it just me, or does the rustling of leaves in a summer breeze remind you of the ocean?
- I know, I know. Weird questions but I’m no good at these. Well, here’s the last: Suppose a crazy god damned you to run in circles around a really happy dolphin for all eternity, how would you break out the loop? You have a shoe, a bat, and a red M&M at your disposal. Every 5 minutes the god sneaks up on you and say Boo! Anything is possible.
Who do I nominate?
For the Encouraging Thunder Award
For the Versatile Blogger Award
For the Siblinghood of the World Bloggers Award
No pressure to do the awards if you don’t want to, but if you do, have fun! 😀
And if anyone wants to take a go at my crazy questions, go right ahead.
Happy Thurday! It’s almost the weekend.