Another award I’m late with (embarrassed smile). I’m slowly but surely getting caught up, y’all. I was nominated by Tabby at A Universe for Books. Thanks girl! 😀
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions to answer.
Imagine that you are the protagonist and your life is a book. Which book that you’ve read would be written about you?
Probably Soledad by Angie Cruz. My life doesn’t mirror Soledad’s, but the vibe from that book, of living in a different country and your family not fully understanding you and all, would match it.
Imagine your favourite book is being turned into a book-to-movie adaptation. See if you can create a soundtrack to this book. Which book would it be?
Hmm…the book would be The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and the soundtrack would be done by Lindsey Stirling and the 2 Cellos and whoever else I love listening to on my Lindsey Stirling Pandora station. I don’t pay attention to musicians’ names or the titles of songs.
Continuing from question 2, who would be your dream cast?
Another hard question because I don’t pay attention to actors’ names either. I just recognize faces. But Morgan Freeman would play Mr. A. H-, Marco’s mentor whose name we aren’t told. That’s about all the casting I can do.
If you could travel in time, where would you want to travel and what would you do?
The future to see how I’m doing, what I’ve been up to, where I’ve been. Regular stuff. And ask if my student loans have been paid off. If not, I’ll jump to the past and tell myself fuck college, for now, and do an internship while considering community college.
If real life was a fantasy book, what kind of character would you be? (Rebel, assassin, warrior, adventurer etc…)
The scholar, the lazy daydreamer, the spy. Probably all three.
What is your favourite beginning to a new book or book series?
Hmm… I recently started When Mockingbirds Sing by Billy Coffey and I really liked the first sentence but since then, I haven’t been much interested in the story. I know, it’s weird. But here’s the first sentence from it:
“In those long days between the town’s death and its rebirth, everyone had a story of how the magic came to Leah Norcross.”
If you were to write a book or book series, what would it be about?
Well, I have a story stomping around in my head. It has no beginning and no end but in the middle a prince returns from a sojourn in a far off powerful land to help his brother save their kingdom and he brings along a friend he made in that powerful land, a being that the prince’s kingdom has only heard of in stories, a powerful mythical being who will flip everything the prince’s kingdom holds dear… Don’t ask me who or what that being is. I just know it’s a woman and she’s connected to the sun in some way.
Clay/ air gun shooting, running, climbing, horse riding, hiking. How would you order these from best to worst?
Hiking, horse riding, clay/air gun shooting, running, climbing.
Would you rather be a bookseller, but you are never able to read another book again or an author, but you can only read the stories you’ve written?
Author. At least I’ll read more than one story, even if I’m the author of them all and probably think they’re all crap.
Would you rather be: a demi-god, shadowhunter or peculiar? Why?
Demi-god. I ain’t messing with no shadow and I don’t like time loops.
If you were a demi-god, who would your godly parent be and if you were peculiar, what would be your peculiarity?
Since I’m mostly familiar with Greek/Roman mythology, my parent would be Athena, though Poseidon would be cool too. If I were a peculiar, my peculiarity would be teleportation.
I’m supposed to nominate 11 people, but I’m nominating 7 instead. Apart from nominating bloggers for this award, please also view this section as recommendations for some awesome bloggers/vloggers to check out.
If you decide to do this award post, here are my questions:
- Is there a fictional dish or treat you’d really like to try? What is it and which book is it from?
- Do you read short stories? If so, which one do you highly recommend?
- What classic book are you looking forward to reading this year?
- If your favorite book were to be made into a film, who would you want to direct it?
- Do you read children’s picture books? Why or why not? Any recommendations?
- What’s the most beautiful book cover you’ve seen so far this year?
- Is there a book you love because of how it’s packaged (cover, pages, edges, binding, etc.)? What book is it and what appeals to you the most about it?
- What TV show are you currently hooked on?
- Do you plan to make any bookish trips this year? (Visit a particular bookstore or town/country because of a book.)
- What movie are you looking forward to seeing?
- How’s your year been so far?