I’m in a happy mood and since it’s April, meaning rain and overcast weather because of Spring and her waters, I’ve decided to do this award post to brighten my blog. I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Green Onion, whose blog I love. Take a look at his crazy tea party post, which I’m sure got way outta hand very quickly.
To accept this award, I must:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog.
Can you describe your ideal man-cave/woman-cave/library, and what kind of things we would find in there?
Hmm… let’s go with my ideal apartment, which I do not have. It would be situated in a city that’s easy to traverse on foot and by public transport (though public transport will sometimes be very crappy because of numerous delayed trains and other BS) and that has lots of museums that I can visit for free. My apartment will be a cozy place swathed in the colors of the sea. It will have books and art everywhere and will have a subtle scent of jasmine in the air. I doubt there will be a TV or many chairs, but there will be a laptop and cushions galore. And no matter the time of day, my apartment will be the best spot to watch the sun set or rise.
What was one of your most prized toys/possessions when you were a child?
My dolls. Barbie was my favorite toy. I loved to play pretend and comb her hair. I also wished for a doll house when I was young. I never got it because my peeps were broke. You’d think I’d get over it by now since I’m almost 30, but I still want my dollhouse.
What book/comic book movie adaptation do you wish they would make that has not been done yet?
Well… 😊 That would be the NIGHT CIRCUS! I think the movie rights were bought but they’ve yet to work on it. I’m hoping that the delay is because they want to make sure it’s executed well. It needs to be damn near perfect.
You won a $500 gift card to the bookstore, what do you buy first?
4 3 2 1 by Paul Auster. I REALLY want that book and I’d purchase it for myself but I’m not sure yet if it’s worth it. Plus, the book is currently a hardcover, a bigass hardcover, so it costs over $20, which means I find it hard to convince myself to purchase it without a $500 gift card.
If you had to cosplay any character, and had access to whatever you needed, who are you going as?
Gosh, I wish I could do that. I’d be Persephone from The Wicked + The Divine comics. I love her outfit. If you’re planning to read the comics or are already reading it but haven’t yet made it to volume 4, don’t google who Persephone is. You’ll spoil things for yourself.
You can have any robot-pet, what kind of robo-pet do you get?
I’m a twinge Luddite so I wouldn’t have a robo-pet, though they probably would be easier to care for since they wouldn’t poop.
What was the worst mark you ever got in school?
I’ve failed classes. I’ll leave it at that.
What would be the absolute worst villain/monster after you?
If you were going colour blind, and get to choose which colour you lose, what colour will you never see again?
Red. I think I could do without red. I’d just have to be extra careful when I drive. I was going to say white, but sometimes my eyes need a place to rest.
If you could own any fictional vehicle, what are you driving?
Argo 2. It’s the flying Greek trireme from Rick Riordan’s Heroes of Olympus series, a YA fantasy series about teenage demigods. I wouldn’t mind travelling around in a flying boat with a dragon figurehead.
You get one protein, one fruit/vegetable, and one dairy product, for the rest of your life, what are your choices?
Let’s see, cashews, mangoes, eggs. I have a horrible diet so I already don’t drink milk much or eat my vegetables or anything else that’s healthy for me.
I nominate these lovely bloggers, some of which I recently stumbled upon:
- What TV show are you currently hooked on?
- It’s now spring, which makes me think of spring flings. Do you tend to hop from book to book before settling on one to read, or are you decisive on what your next read will be?
- Are you able to listen to music while you read? Music makes me daydream, so it interrupts my reading.
- Speaking of which, do you daydream often? If so, what are they about?
- What odd thoughts do you often mull over?
- Do you have a bookish bucket list? If so, what are the top five things?
- What’s the most unique book you’ve ever read?
- What’s the first thing that attracts you to stories that later become favorites? For example, I’ve realized that the first thing that attracts me to stories that later become my favorites is how the author tells the story (not necessarily how they write). Those stories usually have a lot of exposition and details.
- Do you enjoy stories that do not have a definite ending? I find them very annoying but if you do like them, I’m curious to know why.
- Do you reread books? Why or why not?
- When you’re deeply engrossed in a story and happen upon an unfamiliar word, do you pause to look it up, continue reading, or make note of it but continue reading with plans to look it up when done?