The Magical Readathon is back for another year, and I’ve decided to participate in it again! 😀 I participated in it last year and did well enough to succeed in becoming an Aurologist — someone who reads and studies auras. This time… I don’t know which career I want to reach for; so for now I’ll just do as many OWLs as I can.
- The Magical Readathon is inspired by the exams in the Harry Potter books: OWLs (Ordinary Wizarding Levels) and NEWTs (Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests); therefore, this readathon has two parts.
- The OWLs take place April 1-30.
- There are no grades for individual exams. Grades are determined based on total exams completed.
- The NEWTS take place August 1-31.
- The amount of books you read for each subject determines your grade for that subject.
- You can choose a wizarding career to pursue. Each career has a certain amount of OWL and NEWT requirements.
So like I said, I don’t know yet what career I want to pursue. Because I was an Aurologist last year, I was considering to go for Mind Medic this year. I think that’s a natural progression that makes sense. But Mind Medic requires A LOT of reading, so I’m also considering Trader of Magical Tomes because what book nerd wouldn’t want to be a bookseller.