And I’m kicking off this stream of “catch up on stuff I was tagged for” with the Entertainer Blogger Award. I’m a year late with this post because I’m the ultimate slacker, but shout out to Alex at Whimsy Pages, Ann at Ann’s Reading Corner, and Rachel at Life of a Female Bibliophile, who all nominated me.
I may be late, but I totally appreciate it, y’all!!
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Add these rules to your post.
- Answer all the questions below.
- Display the award picture in your post.
- Nominate 12 other bloggers who are funny, inspiring and most important of all ENTERTAINING!
Why did you start a blog in the first place?
Because I wanted to chat about books and reading with people who are as interested as I am in talking about those things, especially about fantasy novels. My family and friends read, though not as avidly as me, but they prefer contemporary, literary, or mystery novels, which I enjoy as well, but they refuse to read fantasy, which I love, so I had no one to talk to about that genre or to even recommend books to me.
Continue reading “Entertainer Blogger Award” →
I’m in a happy mood and since it’s April, meaning rain and overcast weather because of Spring and her waters, I’ve decided to do this award post to brighten my blog. I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Green Onion, whose blog I love. Take a look at his crazy tea party post, which I’m sure got way outta hand very quickly.
To accept this award, I must:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog.
Can you describe your ideal man-cave/woman-cave/library, and what kind of things we would find in there?
Hmm… let’s go with my ideal apartment, which I do not have. It would be situated in a city that’s easy to traverse on foot and by public transport (though public transport will sometimes be very crappy because of numerous delayed trains and other BS) and that has lots of museums that I can visit for free. My apartment will be a cozy place swathed in the colors of the sea. It will have books and art everywhere and will have a subtle scent of jasmine in the air. I doubt there will be a TV or many chairs, but there will be a laptop and cushions galore. And no matter the time of day, my apartment will be the best spot to watch the sun set or rise.
Continue reading “Sunshine Blogger Award, Pt. 3” →
Another award I’m late with (embarrassed smile). I’m slowly but surely getting caught up, y’all. I was nominated by Tabby at A Universe for Books. Thanks girl! 😀
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions to answer.
Continue reading “Sunshine Blogger Award” →
I am so late with post (sorry!!!), but I’m trying to get caught up now on award posts. Better late than never, eh.
Well, I was nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award last year by Sarah at Brainfluff. Sarah is a sci-fi writer and she also reviews lots of sci-fi and fantasy books as well. Check her out for some recommendations!
And thanks again Sarah for nominating me for this award. I really do appreciate being nominated for these blog awards because I think they highlight people’s efforts on here.
Continue reading “Real Neat Blog Award” →
Shout out to the Orang-utan Librarian and Rachel at Life of a Female Bibliophile for nominating me for this award! Thank you both! 😀
- Thank the person who nominated you!
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and let them know they were nominated.
- Ask the nominees 11 questions
Orang-utan Librarian questions:
Continue reading “Sunshine Blogger Award, Pt. 2” →
It’s time for another round of Liebster Awards. Thank you Sara Letourneau and Codie at Reader’s Anonymous for nominating me for these. I appreciate it! 😀
The rules for the awards are as follows:
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers.
- Create 11 questions for the nominees.
- Notify all nominees via social media and/or their blogs.
Continue reading “Liebster Awards again” →
So a while back, I was nominated for the Book Fangirling Award by the Orang-utan Librarian, Umbreen, and Rachel. I did the post and thought I published it only to discover today that I didn’t. Oh well.
I’ve never before considered myself a fangirl but now that I consider it, I guess I am a fangirl of a few things, namely Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, and Supernatural. Thanks Orang-utan Librarian, Umbreen, and Rachel for making me realize this. (Click the links below to visit their blogs!)
Continue reading “Book Fangirling Award” →
Thank you Orang-utan Librarian for nominating me for this! 😀 It’s so different and fun.
- Post the rules before starting and link back to this post as a reference for other bloggers.
- Part A: Answer each of the fruit questions (each fruit corresponds to a book!) & add pictures plus why you thought that particular book deserves that particular fruit if possible.
- Part B: Choose your favourite fruit (even if it is one of the fruits in part A). Come up with a question that we didn’t ask and answer it.
- Part C: Create your own smoothie from the fruits in Part A (imagine a Lemon-Tomato-Apple smoothie ~ yuck), and find a book that would correlate to your smoothie!
- Nominate as many and anyone that you think are deserving of this award but it would be nice if you nominated a minimum of 5!
- Notify your nominees of the nomination.
- The most important rules? Have fun and of course, keep it fresh! 😀
Continue reading “Keep It Fresh Award” →
2015 is an awesome year. I received so many awards for my blog and I appreciate every one of them because it shows that my efforts to blog and interact more on here paid off.
In November, I was nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award by Olga at Reading Between Oceans and Amanda at The Literary Counsellor. Thank you both!! 😀
Continue reading “Real Neat Blog Award” →
Thank you Magini for nominating me for the Starlight Blogger Award!! I really appreciate it. 😀
The rules for this award made me curious about it so I looked it up on Google to find the creator, which I did (Carolina at YesterdayAfter, if you’re curious too). I wanted to know why the award was created and as I read, I appreciated my nomination even more. Like some of the blog awards floating around, the Starlight Blogger Award celebrates creativity and inspiration. However, I did get confused about the original questions. They seem to have changed as the award passes from blogger to blogger. Since I’m in the mood to answer questions, I’ll answer the creator’s original questions as well.
But wait! I didn’t tell you the rules.
Continue reading “Starlight Blogger Award” →